Under the computer software protection ordinance, the rights of software copyright owners include:
- The right of expression, that is, the right to decide whether the software should be made public;
- Developer's right of authorship, i.e. the right to indicate the identity of the developer and the right to sign on its software;
- Right to use the right to use its software in the form of copying, displaying, issuing, modifying, translating, annotating, etc. without prejudice to the public interest of the society;
- The right to use the license and the right of remuneration to authorize others to use all or part of their software and the right to receive remuneration therefor;
- The right to transfer is the right to transfer the right of use and the right to use the license.
The term of software copyright
- The software copyright of the natural person, the term of protection shall be 50 years after the lifetime of the natural person and ends the fiftieth year after the death of the natural person.;
- The software was developed in collaboration, the term of protection shall end 50 years after the death of the last natural person.
- Protection of software copyright of legal person or other organization is limited to 50 years, ending on 50 years after the first publication of the software.
For the legally distribution of the foreign origin software in China requires
- Translation of the application of User Manual or Design Specification or Instruction Manual (please provide the first 30 pages and the last 30 pages, altogether 60 pages; each page should be no less than 30 lines on A4 paper; The document should have the corresponding software name and version number in the header, pagination should be marked on the top right corner)
- Computer Software Copyright Registration Certificate
- Software Testing Report
- Record of Software Product Registration.
For Source code (WORD version / please provide the first 30 pages and the last 30 pages, altogether 60 pages; each page should be no less than 50 lines on A4 paper; The document should have the corresponding software name and version number in the header, pagination should be marked on the top right corner)
Please note it that If the software is developed on a Linux platform using GCC, a GPL declaration is required.