How to start a logistics or freight forwarding enterprise in China as a foreign investor? What’s the detailed regulations in China for foreign entrepreneurs?
1. Main basis for registration of foreign-funded logistics company
The Ministry of Commerce's Notice Concerning Further Efforts to Attract Foreign Investment in Logistics.
2. Registered enterprise type of foreign-funded logistics company
Wholly foreign-owned, foreign joint venture and foreign cooperation enterprise.
3. Registered capital of foreign-funded logistics company
According to different operation scopes of the logistics enterprises, different minimum registered capitals apply.
4. Registration application conditions of foreign-funded logistics company:
1) Foreign-funded logistics company refers to the foreign-funded enterprise taking providing logistics and other relevant services to other enterprises as the main business activities, including foreign-funded road transportation enterprise, foreign-funded waterway transportation enterprise, foreign-funded air transportation enterprise, foreign-funded freight forwarding enterprise, foreign-funded commercial enterprise, foreign-funded third party logistics enterprise and other foreign-funded enterprises engaged in other logistics or logistics-related businesses;
2) Allow overseas investors to invest on and manage the international distribution logistics and third party logistics business in the form of Sino-foreign joint venture and Sino-foreign cooperation;
3) Conform to the minimum requirements for registered capital stipulated by the above laws and regulations on foreign investment;
4) Apply for setting up foreign-funded logistics enterprise to get engaged in one or more logistics businesses, in which those applying for being engaged in multiple logistics businesses shall conform to the highest conditions in the qualification requirements of various logistics businesses applied for respectively;
5) The investor planning to establish the foreign-funded logistics enterprise engaged in international distribution logistics business shall at least possess good performance and operation experience in operation of international transactions or international freight transport or international freight transport agency, and the investor conforming to the above conditions shall be the first largest shareholder among Chinese or foreign investors;
6) The investor planning to establish the foreign-funded logistics enterprise engaged in third party logistics business shall at least possess good performance and operation experience in operation of transportation or logistics, and the investor conforming to the above conditions shall be the first largest shareholder among Chinese or foreign investors;
7) The share proportion of the overseas investor in the foreign-funded logistics enterprise engaged in international distribution logistics business shall not exceed 50%;
8) Have fixed business place;
9) Have business facilities required by being engaging in the business operated;
10) If the above department rules of other foreign investment laws and regulations must be approved by the Ministry of Commerce.
5. BC agency procedure
1) Initially consult and contact to determine the qualification of the investment subject
2) Sign consulting agency agreement and provide investment scheme
3) Provide data list and material sample so that the customers can prepare accurately
4) Draw up various documents such as feasibility report, articles of association and application on behalf and submit to the customers for confirmation and signing
5) Apply to the Foreign Trade & Economy Commission for approval
6) Apply for foreign investment approval certificate
7) Apply for handling special business certificate
8) Handle business license of the enterprise
9) Carve stamp
10) Handle organization code certificate
11) Handle foreign exchange registration certificate
12) Handle tax registration certificate
This company has two branches at present, the business manager will arrange professional team or specially-assigned person suitable for you according to your business scope and to serve you according to your convenience degree! Welcome to send email for consulting firstname.lastname@example.org
Shenzhen CBD: 1713 Shenzhen Kerry Center, No. 2008 Renmin South Road, Luohu, Shenzhen
Guangzhou CBD: S2207 World Trade Center Building, No.371-375 Huanshi East, Yuexiu, GZ
You may be interested in:
China Logistic Company Registration: China NVOCC Application
Application Processes for NVOCC Qualification in China
Notice on the Trial Implementation of Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier Security Deposit Liability
China Company Formation